21.11.13

Pointy Red Shoes - Feelings, and thoughts/ Review on Madewell French Knot Pointy Skimmers

Madewell French Knot Pointy Skimmer in Blood Orange

So, in order to deal with my feelings, since my go to method of eating about a barrel of cupcakes isn't really an option, I decided to wear red shoes. I adore Madewell French Knot Pointy Skimmers because they are pointy and have a bow and are flats with a rubber sole. Its basically really awesome. Red shoes make me feel powerful and strong and like I'm stylish on the days when I'm depressed because usually on those days I accidentally walk out the door wearing 100% black or navy, and red makes it look like that was intentional so that my body could be a canvas for my stylish taste in shoes. Those skimmers are on clearance sale too, so they're like half the price they normally are, and maybe people should buy them.

I put a of thought into purchases, since I am not exactly ludicrously wealthy. I fell in love with these red shoes, and basically, I think they are classics that will never go out of style. They are made of leather, save for the rubber soles, but I am taking them to a cobbler as soon as I can to get an extra layer of sole put on underneath the shoe's soles (most people do this for very expensive shoes like louboutins, but I believe in doing this for any pair of shoes you really love, because it makes them last much much longer, and the cost of the service is under 20 dollars - given that these shoes ended up costing me about 48 dollars (originally they were about 95, but they were marked down by first 30%, and then I got a 15% student discount at Madewell in-store), that is ok with me. I also paused a little before purchasing them because they are suede, but I do have a suede care kit (they seem to run around 15 bucks, and then you can treat and protect all your suede forever, which is imo worth it) that includes a waterproofing spray you can treat the leather with, and things like that really help prevent staining the material, and keeping it looking nice. Overall, the skimmers are extremely comfortable, and I'm very very happy with the purchase. I highly recommend grabbing a pair of skimmers, they're so classic, and I love them. I will admit that since there were a few sales, afterwards, I also snagged some black and brown skimmers, and now I am basically done with shoe shopping for a few months. In all fairness, I really wanted some black and brown shoes for interviews/starting to work after graduation in a few months, and I think these will be both comfortable and formal enough to be appropriate for walking to work and making it through the workday!

Ok, enough talk for now. I'm going to go take more pictures of my shoes matching fall leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment