22.11.13

Bright Braided Vintage Sari Bracelets

Greensewn Bracelet Trio
I received these bracelets as a present recently, and am madly in love with them. I actually own a few sets of them (I think I own 12 bracelets in total) in various colors. These are by far the brightest of the bunch. I love these bracelets because they can be stacked, or worn alone, and in both situations, look amazing. They're made with quality materials, and are eco-friendly. I got mine (as did the friend who gave me the extras) when they were on double sale (at fab.com, initially at 15% off, and then they were another 20% off because fab itself was having a sale.) Fab sells a ton of stuff I adore, you can sign up here for free, and get lots of artistic and funky things at a discount, though I actually wait for holiday sales, yay black friday is coming. They carry lots of brands that I haven't actually found on sale anywhere else, and I adore a ton of the things they've got there, from stationary, to jewelry, etc.

In terms of style, I've realized that overall, I prefer to have a relatively neutral palette for clothing, blacks, navies, nudes, peaches, and then to accessorize with interesting and more decorative objects of interest, like these bracelets, a cute purse, cool nails, etc. Part of why I do this has to do with the fact that I feel self conscious about my weight, and do not wish to draw attention to it, and accessories almost always draw the eye away from my ginormous belly and chest. Another aspect is that as a petite woman, I can't really wear giant prints without having it visually overpower my appearance for the day, which is kind of a bummer. I think that one of the things I'm looking forward to the most as I lose weight is becoming a little more confident about wearing prints and brighter colors. I like these bracelets because the dreary winter is helped a lot for me when I see a pop of color. Sometimes it feels like everyone joins in with the dreary winter with their giant black coats, its like a funeral for all of the plants or something (how hippie-ish of me to say that). The tiny pop of color on my wrist helps remind me that spring is going to come soon, and to hold out for that, and maybe eat less donuts.

What about you guys? How do you deal with bright colors in the winter? Do you feel like prints or bright colors are scary in terms of drawing attention to yourself, work appropriateness, and weight?

No comments:

Post a Comment