9.12.13

Pulling it Together: Madewell Silk Shirred Dress Review, Madewell Terrace Dress Review, and Everlane Tee Review

Starting any weight loss journey is tough. I don't plan on discussing my journey terribly often, it could happen, but it seems unlikely.

The first thing I've done is realize that in order to lose weight, I must come to terms with the weight I am now. I decided to purchase a suite of clothing that would fit me at my current body. My favorites have been as follows:

Everlane T's: I own 2 black ones (one v neck, one round neck), a navy, slate, and beige color, all in Large. I wear a 34H cup and am 5' 4'' for reference, and they fit me well, loosely actually, and have room for my chubster belly. They're comfortable, hold up in the wash, and are reasonably priced at 15 dollars each. I adore them and wear one almost everyday.

Everlane Tee in White with a Round Neck
If you're interested in them, here's a link to sign up and get some of your own if you're in the market for awesome t shirts and want me to get a free shirt the next time I hit a lower size during my weight loss journey: https://www.everlane.com/n/n5abzg

Madewell Shirred Silk Dress:

This dress is amazing. I'm busty, petite, and have a very short torso. This dress makes me look like I have an awesome hourglass figure, which is hard to achieve when I'm 180lbs+. I currently seem to fit well into size 10's (I'm pretty sure Madewell has some pretty spectacular vanity sizing) and adore this dress in black, red, and beige dot. Its comfortable, and it looks fantastic under a v neck sweater to boot, allowing me to use it as a really awesome skirt as well.

Don't be fooled, if you're busty or have an hourglass,
this dress really accentuates it.  You will not look like a small
child in your pinafore a la this model. 
How could I resist a cute red dress? Seriously. 

I think red can occasionally be difficult to pull off because it screams sex if you don't wear it correctly, particularly as a busty petite. These dresses also have the plus point that they have this vertical line running down the middle. Its a subtle detail, but it ended up being surprisingly slimming. All in all, I adore this dress. It's currently on sale at madewell.com, go get it before its gone, its amazing.

Madewell Terrace Dress:

Once again, if you're a petite busty hourglass like myself, particularly with a short torso, this dress looks phenomenal. It somehow manages to make my skin look creamy and flawless, accentuates my hourglass figure, and makes my chest look proportional and smaller. The skirt is long enough to be appropriate for most occasions, and the fabric is soft, stretchy, and incredibly warm and comfortable. I can't recommend this dress highly enough.

Now, the advantage of most of these dresses is that they can easily be altered down to a smaller size, and they make me look good right now. I have tried to get myself to lose weight via self hatred many, many times, and its never worked. This time around, my plan is to see whether in the process of getting to know my body better and paying more attention to it, I can get healthier via liking it more. We'll see how things go.

No comments:

Post a Comment